UPCOIMG EVENTS AT FBG
- CAT STERILISATION CLINIC 23rd & 24th June2016
The FBG is a community driven organisation focusing on local issues with a 'ground-up' approach.
- RESEARCH - Continually working to identify local production and natural resource management issues and then researching, demonstrating and assisting in the implementation of broad scale innovative and sustainable management practices to address these.
- MARKETING - Continually working to attract project partners and sponsors to the Fitzgerald Biosphere Group.
- EDUCATION - Working at all levels within the community to increase the awareness and level of understanding of production and natural resource management issues and management options through a range of media.
- ENVIRONMENT - With a strong Landcare ethic, the group and wider community continues to work towards conserving biodiversity (both at the paddock and landscape scale) recognising the uniqueness of the area and the need for an integrated approach to address production and environmental issues.
Clockwise from right: Fitzgerald Biosphere Reserve area and zones; Entrance signs to the region;
Quaalup Bells; local Honey Possum; Leafy Sea Dragon.
Here are some of the other projects in which the FBG plays a significant role.
An exciting and innovative project. The FBG sit on the Gondwana Link Council of partners along with Greening Australia, The Wilderness Society, Friends of the Fitzgerald River National Park, the Mallefowl Preservation Group and Australian Bush Heritage (click on logo for links to partner web pages below). The projects vision is: Gondwana Link will reconnect bushland across the biologically richest corner of Australia, from the forests to the inland.
The Gondwana Link groups are:
- Bush Heritage Australia
- Fitzgerald Biosphere Group
- Friends of the Fitzgerald River National Park
- Greening Australia
- The Greater Western Woodlands
- The Nature Conservancy
- The Wilderness Society
- Green Skills
"The Fitzgerald Biosphere Group is a well-resourced, motivated and successful member driven group that develops, demonstrates, promotes and supports sustainable agriculture, healthy ecosystems and vibrant enterprises."
Cat Sterilisation Clinic 2016
FBG have secured funding to hold a cat sterilisation clinic for community members of the Shire of Jerramungup including microchipping of cats and dogs. The clinic will be at a discounted cost, yet to be finalised.| | Read More...
- Shire of Jerramungup
- South Coast Natural Resource Management Inc
- State NRM
- National Landcare Program